Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And on the second day the Lord gave me Visions

Day 2 of Freedom Fest, aka an epic 4th of July Weekend brought me first to the emergency room. Ahh, that sweet sickly smell and morbid air of the bums of Beth Israel. How I will not miss thee. Thankfully I was in and out in about 30 minutes. My stitches are gone and my hand looks super gnarly, all dry and cracked and exposed, but the pain is reasonably minor and I am blessedly functional again. I was supposed to get them out on the 4th, but I refused to give the emergency room any part of that day. It hurt like a motherfucker and I spent a good portion of the 5th partially limp from Percocet.

Freedom Fest Day 2

But ahh Glasslands. King Tuff played with TK Webb and the Visions and another band from Baltimore who was a like an American pubrock translation of Queen. Aka, perfect 2 am 5th of July ragers.

Taking pictures at Glasslands is a nightmare with my camera so I am not going to bother posting a bunch of crappy pictures of my friends playing. But during the Visions there was an oblivious dance-off. These two ragers kept it going for a while.

Freedom Fest Day 2

Freedom Fest Day 2

Curly-haired dude was pictured shirtless in the last post. He was the serious champion of the weekend. I was introduced to him, promptly forgot his name, he was super bummed on me that I didn't want some of his beer and then Glen saw him later directing traffic at 2 am in the middle of Bedford Ave. And that was before the weekend even began. He pretty much solidified himself as the most committed to getting awesome of anyone all weekend long.

Freedom Fest Day 2

But get awesome dude had some serious superfan competition during the Vision's set. No one knew where she came from but this girl danced from the first song to the last. Her arms outstretched, legs extended, knees raised, arms bent, hips shaking, ass shaking kneeling to the ground, reaching up the sky. Words cannot accurately describe the insanity. We really wanted get awesome dude and spirit dancer to commune and create some wonderful two-person moves but alas it didn't happen. And double alas the moment I got stuck in between them in the crowd. Treacherous.

Freedom Fest Day 2

Freedom Fest Day 2

The pictures do not do her justice and unfortunately it was too dark to film (trust me I tried.)

TK got arrested for pissing on the street (he had an outstanding warrant) and spent the night in jail. While he was getting arrested get awesome dude walked by and gave him a look. TK said, "Hey man, it's fine, I'll be out tomorrow." Get awesome dude responded, "Dude, I don't give a fuck about you. I just wanted to say that set ruled!" and walked away.

After the show we went to my buddy Hensley's house. We got there super late, like 3 am, and arrived to a rooftop populated by about 12 very drunk folk. This pretty much sums it up:

Hensley's Roof

Hensley's Roof
Hensley's got gayface and Orin's got deadface

Hensley's Roof
And this is the funniest picture of Angela I've ever seen.

No comments: