Monday, April 21, 2008

Beach Blanket Bong Out minus the blanket and the bong...nevermind

Oh yeah, I totally spent a week visiting Jake and Ivy in San Diego. I could make fun of it and say that it was the worst dressed city I've ever seen and that everyone is a dude brah with tribal tattoos and monster trucks, but that's sort of what makes it secretly amazing. That and the used bookstore has the greatest selection of occult and conspiracy literature ever. And Rob fucking Halford calls it home. Any place that god dwells can't be all bad.

Best Place Ever?

Worst Place Ever? (Reminded me of my raver neighbors. I bet dudes who are really into giving chicks backrubs take their dates here before they descend into an evening of deep trance.)

Beach Scum
We went to the beach on St Patrick's Day.

Beach Scum
Jake triet to surf. He can barely swim.

Beach Scum
I caught some rays while Nicole made a tard face.

Beach Scum
This would be way more awesome if I didn't have hair in my mouth.

Beach Scum
I got to wear my awesome new bikini, you can't see but the bottom is a teal side-tie. Tried on the same on in different colors at Barneys for $180 and then cobbled together last season's version for $40 online. Score!

64 Dart!
I got to drive this '64 Dodge Dart for almost all of my vacation because Daniel was too drunk to drive every day. He bought it as soon as he got back into town after spending the last several months on a fishing boat in Alaska. Everyone deserves a bender every now and again.

64 Dart!
Seriously miss driving this thing.

Mammal Toe
Here's Jake channeling Lemmy more than any of us wanted him to. Those shorts used to be mine goddamnit. He acquired them for his Halloween costume and I knew I was never getting them back.

Beach Scum
A lifeguard busted my buddies for drinking on the beach but let us get away with it because, as he said, "You know, I'm gonna be cool brah cuz it's Spring Break and all." Yeah dude, that's us, your typical La Jolla spring breakers.

No comments: