Friday, September 25, 2009

Samantha Pleet Redux

I wrote a fairly detailed behind-the-scenes post about the Samantha Pleet presentation over on the Vice Blog but I took too many pictures for just one post. I avoided including too many photos of the lovely Louise and Angela because of another behind-the-scenes that will be posted as soon as Angela finishes the Cheek-ie lookbook. Louise was one of the lovely models and I got the most power shots of her and I already wrote about her photo opening. I mean hell, I love these ladies, but I've got to diversify a little bit. But here I have free reign to talk about my friends as much as I want. Professionalism be damned!

Pleet's collection was adorable. Decade-spanning yet clean, it was solid and totally wearable, something I can't given enough praise for. Not only was it wearable, but it was wantable...as in I WANT so many pieces.

You can take a look at her complete Spring 2010 lookbook here. There are some winners that weren't featured in the presentation like these lovely pieces:



I can't help it, I've been feeling printed pants so hard lately. I keep buying them via thrift and not wearing them but admiring them on others. I don't know what's keeping me from them...

In my official write-up I didn't include the magical film attached to the collection directed by my friend David Black and Jacqueline Di Milia. Sonically it's not my bag but the tune is appropriate nonetheless.

Samantha Pleet - Spring 2010 from Samantha Pleet on Vimeo.



DSCN1719
Turner styling.

DSCN1736
A convenient pose with lookbook

DSCN1749
Louise's legs in the leaf romper that she eventually changed out of for another look.

DSCN1750
Coco looking way too bored.

DSCN1757
Angela looking unconvinced about this hairstyle.

DSCN1765
Man busts and hat assortment.

DSCN1774
Look, it's a naked Carlen!

DSCN1811
The set was pretty special.

DSCN1850
More of Coco sitting around looking bored albeit gorgeous. Energy!

DSCN1871
Lovely ladies/buddies

DSCN1872
Louise has the best "work it" face, pure gold.

DSCN1879
Sweets!

DSCN1888
Last minute primping

DSCN1934
Lineup

DSCN1962
Champing

1 comment:

Sybil said...

i'm still waiting for my piece for modeling in the fall 2007 show.