Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hey there lonely one...

I find what I crave in the details.
















Thank you Christopher Bailey.

It's been done and it will keep being done. The shapes on the runway didn't interest me. Burberry has never fit me quite right. In the dream worlds I'd inhabit roaming from floor to floor when I couldn't quite stand to work during my days at Barneys I was never that drawn to the pieces on the rack either. I'd spend far more time slipping into Dries Van Noten knitwear or the prohibitively expensive Ann Demeulemeester (even with sale prices of 75% off and an employee discount on top of that it was hopeless) than any of other designers. Accessories, forget it. Not once did I buy a designer bag as a BNY employee and my only jewelry options were on the 7th floor, a far cry from the glory located on floor one.

Still, a girl can dream and a girl can wait for the inevitable knock-offs of that solid metal spiked cuff. The feathers I'll have to do without.

No comments: