Sunday, February 3, 2008

I think I'll go for a walk outside

I was walking down Broome Street the other week on my way to a meeting at work. I happened upon this scene. At first I thought there was a shindig going down at the Nanette Lepore store...

Broome Street 1/23/08

Then I noticed the Australian flag.

Broome Street 1/23/08

Broome Street 1/23/08

There were newscasters lined up side by side all reporting on the death of the star.

Broome Street 1/23/08

Broome Street 1/23/08

Everyone working seemed detached from the reality of what they were covering. A crowd gathered behind them to watch them film the newscasters watching the mourners gathered by the building.

Broome Street 1/23/08

You could tell they'd been out there for hours. This was the day after he died.

Broome Street 1/23/08

No comments: