Friday, June 27, 2008

My friends are good at things



Seriously good.

Love as Laughter


If you don't know, the new Love As Laughter album, Holy, just dropped on Glacial Pace. Angela and I were listening to it in the studio and both laughed at the realization that folks we knew did this. So polished, so solid, so professional. All brought to you by the Party Doctor himself, Sam Jayne. After being exposed to a few 5 am jam sessions (and improve Traveling Wilbury's singalongs) a lot of these songs are familiar and it is satisfying to hear them fully realized. This may be uncharacteristic for me to be writing about, anyone who thinks they know me wouldn't expect me to dig this record, but this girl is fueled by a lot more than metal. Good times and buddies are definitely my jam. Fondness for the players makes the music sweeter, so maybe I'm a little biased.

Anyway, some of my favorite dudes had a release party at Beauty Bar on Tuesday and are playing a proper show at Glasslands on Saturday. Be there!

Love as Laughter

Love as Laughter

Love as Laughter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICK!