Friday, May 30, 2008

Rawhide

DSCN3066

We went to Mason Dixon for KP's birthday. This is where I saw the lady who prompted the previous post. But I decided not to expend my energy hating. Because this was too awesome.

KP Rodeo

KP Rodeo

KP Rodeo

KP Rodeo

I totally pussed out on riding the bull because there was no audience. It's like doing karaoke to a crowd of two disinterested drunks. The best part of being ridiculous in public is the audience. You get energy from them. I would have done it if there had been a crowd of 22 wasted 22-year-olds cheering me on. I like attention, but have realized that I'll never be the star.

Several of my friends are auditioning for reality shows which is bewildering to me. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll be 100% stoked if they land them. I already find crappy tv hilarious and endlessly entertaining (I like to use my cultural studies degree as an excuse) and knowing someone on a show would be golden (even though I no longer have cable and haven't watched tv in over a month.) It's an opportunity I would have gone for a few years ago, the prospect of sitting in front of a camera talking about myself horrifies me. I wouldn't mind being a talking head on E True Hollywood Story or on VH1, but put me in a "confessional" and I think I'd start crying.

The same with being a host of a show. Wandering around talking to strangers about stuff? No thank you. I can interview people but I can't be dynamic when I do it. Call me a nerd but I can only do that sort of thing when it's subject driven. Being a professional "personality" is a way scarier job than say, deep sea fisher or veterinarian. C'est la vie...guess I won't be the next Rachael Ray. Aww dang.

No comments: